Wednesday, 7 August 2013
Simple Mango Cobbler RecipePosted by Bismah Abdelgawad in: Desserts Recipes
** This post contains affiliate . If you decide to make a purchase, I a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
Looking for something sweet to go with your coffee that is both quick and easy to make!
Why not try this delicious mango cobbler recipe? This has to be one of the best desserts I have ever made. In fact so good that it was over half eaten the same evening I baked it. Only my hubby and I to eat it so it must have been good.
This recipe is probably even better with sliced fresh mango. I used fresh mango which I had frozen a few weeks back as they were beginning to turn and I did not want them to spoil. I thawed them almost completely and sliced them into thin pieces.
For the bottom layer:
1 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2/3 cup sugar
3 cups sliced mangos
1 teaspoon lemon juice1 1/2 teaspoons melted butter
For the cinnamon sugar mixture:
1 tablespoon granulated sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
1. Mix water and cornstarch in a cup. Pour mixture in a saucepan.
2. Stir in sugar. Add fruit and lemon juice. Heat, stirring well.
3. Pour into a 9" pan and dot with melted butter. Sprinkle sugar cinnamon mixture over the top.
4. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
5. Cut in butter until mixture looks like meal. Now stir in milk and mix well.
6. Cut in butter until mixture looks like meal. Now stir in milk and mix well.
7. Drop by spoonfuls over the hot fruit.
Bake at 375° F (190 C) for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm or cold. Both are yummy though I prefer the warm. Makes 8 servings.
Optional: Serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
Enjoy your mango cobbler!