Homemade Finger Paint

Diy Finger Paint with Natural Ingredients

** This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.

Homemade Finger Paint

Finger painting is a great activity for young children. It has many benefits such as providing intellectual and physical development. They get to use their imagination and develop hand and eye coordination. Another plus is that it gives children and parents quality time together and good fun.

These days it seems there are many non-toxic alternatives to paints that contain toxins. The problem is that some of these non-toxic paints may still contain some additives in there. It is especially difficult to use these paints around young children as it may find its way inside their mouths.

There are quite a number of recipes online however they also include chemically based cleaners (ie, dish liquid). I decided I would omit anything non-editable and try it out anyway.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup cornstarch

3 tablespoons sugar

2 cups of water
saucepan
food coloring
plastic containers

Method:

1. Combine and mix the cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan.

2. With the heat on low slowly add in the 2 cups of water and stir often until a think paste forms. Do not allow paste to become lumpy.

3. Remove from heat.

4. Pour into container(s).

5. Add a few drops of food coloring at a time until you get the color you desire.

6. Allow to cool off and then you are ready to paint.

Store any unused paint in refrigerator.

This homemade recipe is very easy to make and cleanup is a breeze. Have you tried making homemade paint?

Homemade Finger Paint

comments
30 June 2013 at 01:40 delete

My kids both loved finger paint! Such a great way for kids to be creative :)

1 July 2013 at 03:57 delete

Hi Ann!
My little guy is a little young yet to show his creativity but he sure had fun feeling with the paint and smearing whatever he could get his little hands on :)

3 July 2013 at 10:05 delete

Stopping by from THE Collective Social Blog Hop to say hi. Thank you for linking up. Have a fabulous day!

xo,
Janise (co-host of The Collective Social Blog Hop)

4 July 2013 at 02:56 delete

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I was already following via G+, but am now following via Bloglovin' as well. Easy recipe. I will have to try this for my 19 month old, although she's not so much into finger painting. I keep trying and she may touch the paint a little for a few minutes, maybe get it on herself or table, very little on the paper, and then within a few minutes wants nothing more to do with it, LOL.
~Jackie @ The Non-Martha Momma

7 July 2013 at 06:45 delete

This looks like so much fun! My toddler is just now getting to the point where he will get his hands a little messy and this may be something we have to try ASAP! Thanks for sharing!

13 July 2013 at 08:22 delete

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a great weekend :)

13 July 2013 at 08:24 delete

Hi!
Thank you. My little guy is only 13 months old and was not into it much either. Thought I would try it out anyway. Will have to wait till he is a little bigger to try again.
Have a great weekend :)

13 July 2013 at 08:26 delete

Hi!
I hope you and he both can have some fun with this.
Thank you for stopping by.
Have a great weekend :)

19 July 2013 at 12:16 delete

Oh, how fun! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

25 February 2014 at 04:14 delete

Hi There Bismah!
I love this DIY Tutorial! I am an Editorial Apprentice over at AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com and would love to feature this project on my site. Please email me at slarson@primecp.com if you are interested in hearing the details!

Thanks,