Things you can do to Pass Time While Breastfeeding your Baby
** This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
Multi-tasking is nothing new to moms. This is especially true during baby's early years as they require constant care and attention. During breastfeeding there is an opportunity to sit back, relax, and enjoy a bonding moment with baby. However many moms may feel that it is a great time to get a head start on some minor chores that can be done while sitting down.
There are many ways to pass the time while breastfeeding your baby. Whether it be just watching your baby while he is feeding, getting some extra fluids such as water, or planning and preparing things relating to home. Here are some great ways to pass time while breastfeeding your baby in a relaxed and enjoyable way.
1. Read. Read a book, magazine, or news article to yourself or silently to your baby while feeding.
2. Interact with your other children. Put together a puzzle, play a game, or simply talk and listen to them.
3. Social network. Connect with family members and friends online or catch up with the latest trends.
4. Take an online class. There are a wide variety of classes available online for free. There is everything from cooking classes to university level classes.
5. Have a snack. Choose healthy protein rich foods that will give you more energy to care for your baby. Nuts, peanut butter sandwiches, and hard-boiled eggs are all high in protein and easy snacks that you can eat with one hand.
6. Make a shopping list or plan meals. Stick to simple and healthy meals that can be prepared quickly. Plan meals around the weekly specials to help save money at the same time.
7. Watch television. Catch up on the news, your favorite programs, or enjoy a movie.
9. Jigsaw puzzle. These are really great for your mind and will keep you occupied for any length of time.
10. Write. Whether you are a blogger, keep a journal, or author you can use this time for brainstorming, finding topics, and making notes. You would be surprised at how much you can get accomplished over several short periods in a day.