Health Benefits of Eating Bananas
Eating bananas daily can be beneficial to your health
** This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
The easiest way to eat a banana is to peel it and eat as is. If you desire you can also add bananas to ice cream, create milkshakes, or healthy smoothies. You can also use them to make delicious banana bread, cakes, muffins, or pudding.Try slicing some bananas to add as toppings over oatmeal, fruit salads, or yogurt.
Here are some wonderful benefits of bananas and why you may want to pick up a bunch during your next shopping trip.
1. Increase energy. Choose bananas instead of energy drinks or energy bars for a natural boost of energy.
2. Improve digestion. Since bananas are high in fibre, consuming them can help ensure that foods travel smoothly through the digestive tract.
3. Treat heartburn. Bananas can help balance your stomach's pH and enhance the protective mucus layer resulting in pain relief.
4. Regulate blood pressure. This is due to bananas containing high amounts of potassium and low amounts of sodium.
6. Improve cardiovascular health. Consuming foods high in fibre such as bananas are excellent for the heart.
7. Reduce muscle cramps. This is due to the high content of minerals, magnesium, and potassium.
8. Help prevent morning sickness. Snack on this healthy fruit to help regulate blood sugar levels thus decreasing the chance of having nausea.
9. Fight anemia. Since bananas are high in iron, eating them can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood.
10. Brighten your mood. Bananas contain a good source of the amino acid tryptophan that your body converts to serotonin.
11. Aid in weight loss. Try to replace more foods with bananas and you will feel full longer. Since they contain high amounts of fibre it takes the body longer to digest and break them down.
12. Get a restful sleep. Bananas are high in potassium and potassium is a natural muscle relaxant.
Will you be picking some bananas during your next visit to the supermarket?