Saturday, 29 November 2014
10 Natural Ways To Relieve Dry Chapped LipsPosted by Bismah Abdelgawad in: Natural Health
** This post contains . If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
Dry chapped lips is a common complaint for many people especially during the cold winter months. It is relatively easy and inexpensive to walk into a store and purchase some lip balm of the shelves. However what happens if for some reason you have none on hand and are not able to just run out and buy some.
Turns out there are various other products that can be just as efficient to help help provide quick relief of dry chapped lips. These are common items that you may just have laying around your home already. How much more simpler is there?
1. Cucumber. Rub a slice over lips for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse lips with water afterward.
2. Honey. Rub some over lip before going to bed. Wipe off the next morning.
3. Milk cream. Since it contains a high fat content it will help in moisturizing lips. Apply to lips and leave for 10 to 15 minutes. Wipe off using a piece of cloth dipped in lukewarm water.
4. Coconut oil. This is a very effective method. Apply just a small amount to lips several times daily.
5. Aloe Vera. Along with its ability to naturally moisturize the lips it is also an anti-inflammatory which will also help to relieve soreness. Apply a small amount to lips daily.
6. Petroleum jelly. Apply to lips as desired during the day.
7. Green Tea teabag. To help moisturize apply to lips for about 5 minutes.
8. Sugar and honey scrub. Sugar will exfoliate dead cells from chapped lips and help restore its natural softness. Mix well two teaspoons of sugar with one teaspoon of honey to form into a paste. Apply to lips for a few minutes to make the lips soft. Then use your fingers to massage the paste around your lips for a minute or two. Rinse lips with lukewarm water.
9. Rose petals. This will help to not only moisturize your lips but also enhance its natural color. Take a handful of rose petals and rinse thoroughly. Add the petals to a small bowl of milk and soak for a few hours. Then gently mash the petals to create a thick paste. Apply this paste to lips and leave it. Repeat twice daily and once before going to bed.
10. Water. Helping to keep the body hydrated will help to prevent and heal dry chapped lips. Drink several glasses per day including upon first awakening in morning as well as before going to bed.