** This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
I was recently given a fairly large makeup kit filled with various types of makeup which included nail polish. While I do on a rare occasion wear makeup I do not wear nail polish. This set my mind on finding some alternative uses. Between researching the internet and my own thinking I came up settled with 10 uses to test out. I am happy to report that the polish does work well with the following:
1. Adhesive substitute. Out of glue? No worries. Nail polish will work as an adhesive on many items items including jewelry, plastic, and even envelopes.
2. Fix small tears in window screens. Dab a few coats of nail polish.
3. Smudge Proof Labels. To instantly waterproof labels apply a light coat of polish.
4. Easily thread a needle. Dip the end of the thread into a small amount of nail polish. Allow it to dry for a few minutes.
5. Tighten loose screws. Coat the screws in polish for an extra hold.
6. Add life to old jewelry. Nail polish is great for covering up faded colors and where paint has chipped off.
7. Color code similar looking objects. Works great for keys.
8. Color bobby pins. Use colors that will match with your outfit, shoes, etc.
9. Keep laces or rope from unraveling. Coat the ends with polish to prevent fraying.
10. Mark levels on items such as containers and buckets for measuring purposes.
Have you found a use for nail polish outside of beautifying nails?