Bobby pins are a wonderful and inexpensive hair accessory. Its main purpose is for holding hair in place. There are actually other uses for bobby pins other than holding back strands of hair.
Keep a few of these pins in a small case or little bag handy in your purse, car, and sewing basket. You never know when they may just come in handy.
Now onto some other surprising uses!
1. Attach small fabric pieces or small trinkets to top of pin making it a cute hair accessory.
3. Nail art tool for making designs on fingernails or toenails such as little dots.
4. Clean under fingernails.
5. Toothpaste saver. Using a pin push the unused toothpaste in the tube forward.
7. Securing a belt. Secure the lose end of a belt for a more neater appearance.
8. Thread a string back into the waist of a pair of pants.
9. Pant hem. While out if a hem comes undone use a clip or two to hold it up.
12. Hold down the end of a string from a ball of yarn.
13. For gluing hard to reach areas.
14. Mark the end on a roll of clear tape making it easier to find for future use.
16. Hold a small nail in place.
17. Use in place of a paper clip to hold papers together.
18. A bookmark. Use to bookmark a page without worrying of it falling out whereas a paper bookmark will most likely slide out.
19. Use in place of straight pins to hold fabric together for sewing. This has become a favorite alternative of mine as I no longer have to worry about stabbing myself with those sharp straight pins.