I just love the combination of apples and cinnamon. I just tried this recipe recently and was very happy with the result. I think the apple and cinnamon mixture could even be eaten by itself. This recipe is very quick and easy to make. I made a loaf pan sized serving, though this recipe can easily be doubled and fill a round cake sized pan.
* 2 large apples
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1/2 whole wheat flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 2 tablespoons canola oil
* 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
2. Mix cornstarch with water using a fork until smooth.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the apples, cinnamon, sugar, cornstarch, and water. Cook until apples are soft and mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes.
4. Pour the apple mixture into a loaf pan.
5. Prepare the biscuit dough by mixing the whole wheat flour and baking powder together. Add the oil and stir until well mixed. Add the honey. Mix milk with vinegar and add. Stir with a fork until mixture is moist.
6. Drop dough by tablespoon on top of apples mixture.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until biscuit dough is golden brown. Serve warm. Enjoy :)
Thank you for visiting!