** This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
This is a quick and easy recipe. Ingredients are basic and easily found in most kitchens. The result is a great tasting butter cookie. This cookie is a little more on the softer side as compared to the ones found in stores. It still goes great with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
1 cup butter softened
1 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 1/3 cup all purpose white flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. * I used a mixer.
2. Beat in the egg and stir in the vanilla.
3. Combine the flour and salt and add to the sugar mixture.
4. Cover the dough and chill for at least one hour. At the same time chill pans.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
6. Roll into spoon sized balls and place on pans. Use a fork and press down on each cookie slightly.
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown at the edges. Remove from pans and cool.
Serve and enjoy!