Alternative Uses for Baby Oil Other Than Baby's Skin
** This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
Baby oil is useful for many things beyond baby's already soft and delicate skin. It'll soften, lubricate, refinish, clean, and so much more. Read on for some tips and tricks that will help you get some use out of that still sealed bottle of baby oil.
1. Moisture skin. After having a shower massage your body with baby oil to soften, moisturize and hydrate skin. If you prefer to take a bath then add a little to your bath water for the same results.
2. Remove eye make up. Pour a few drops onto a cotton pad and rub over the makeup in a circular motion. Afterwards use a second cotton pad or facecloth to remove any excess oil.
3. Removes Cuticles. Massage fingernails with oil before getting a manicure.
4. Make a shave gentler. Place some oil on the area to be shaved such as the arms, legs, or face to soften the hair. This will reduce the friction and tingly feeling often felt during shaving making the process gentler and smoother.
5. Rid your feet of extreme dryness and cracks. Before sleep rub some oil over your feet and wear a pair of socks. You may see a difference the next morning. Repeat nightly as needed.
6. Remove chewing gum. Chewing gum stuck to the hair or other surfaces can easily be removed by saturating it with oil and the leaving it for a few minutes. The gum can then be wiped away easily.
7. Easily remove bandages and other adhesives from the skin without the pain. Apply some oil on and around the bandage. This should cause the bandages to come off quickly can painlessly.
9. Remove a ring stuck to your finger. Apply a little amount of oil around the ring and gently twist it until the ring comes off.
10. Silence squeaky door hinges. Dab some oil onto a cloth and apply generously to the hinge.
11. Unstuck a zipper. Apply a small amount of oil to a cloth and rub over both sides of the zipper. The zipper should be moving in no time.
12. Get your shoes on simply. Sometimes shoes can be very stubborn and unwelcoming to your feet. Rub a little on the inside of the backs of the shoes and then let your feet glide in.
13. Get rid of the dusty look on wooden furniture. How often do you clean your wooden furniture only to find the dust wanting to stay. Apply a small amount of oil to a clean dry cloth and rub in a circular motion. Wipe over with another clean cloth for a sparkling surface.
14. Clean chrome fittings. Apply some oil to a damp cloth and wipe over the surface thoroughly. Wipe over with a dry clean cloth for a shiny finish.
15. Lubricate a keyhole. Wipe a little baby oil onto the key, place into the keyhole and turn it back and forth.
Do you have baby oil in your home and use it in other ways than on a baby?