Cucumbers are a vegetable that can seem boring to eat since they have a very plain taste. Their benefits however far outweigh this boring and plain taste. Cucumbers are packed with an abundance of vital nutrients as well as healthy chemical components. Along with health benefits, cucumbers also have many other uses around the home and garden.
4. Soothe puffy eyes. Cut two thick slices off a cold cucumber that has been stored in the refrigerator. Set them over closed eyes for about 15 minutes.
5. Rid bad breath. Take a slice of cucumber and press it on the roof of your mouth. Leave for a minute or two and then chew it up and swallow.
6. Quickly polish your shoes. Cucumbers contain chemicals that will produce a shine as well as repel water.
7. Surprise crayon or marker art on your walls. Remove by rubbing the outside of a cucumber over the marks.
8. Eliminate fog from the bathroom mirror after a shower. Rub a cucumber slice along the mirror.