Wednesday, 7 May 2014
10 Simple Habits For Daily Healthy LivingPosted by Bismah Abdelgawad in: Healthy Living
Everyone wants to live a long life filled with happiness and good health. What is stopping us from achieving this? It seems as though we have developed our own little habits to live by and have completely ignored the fact that we are endangering our health. We need to reverse these bad habits before it is too late. How do we do this? We do this by making simple little changes every day. Over time we will develop new habits that are healthy for our mind and body.
1. Start the day with a glass of water. Water helps to clear our system, flush out the toxins, and kick start our metabolism. If you have an issue with drinking water first thing in the morning, add a lemon slice for a little flavor.
2. Eat breakfast. After all it is the most important meal of the day. A smoothie is a quick and easy yet healthy choice. You can even drink it on the go.
3. Brown bag your lunch.Take fruits to work to have as a snack. Keep away from the vending machines.
4. Get up and stretch every hour or so while at work. Sitting for long periods can become harmful over time. If you are able to, take a little walk around your place of work every so often.
5. Smile, smile, and smile again. Even if your mood is bad, smile. Once the endorphins kick in it will help erase the negative mood. Do smile often and you may just make someone else's day
6. Be home for dinners. Enjoy a home cooked meal with family and avoid eating out as much as possible.
7. Exercise at least once per day. Even if it is just for 10 minutes it will still be beneficial to your health.
8. Drink water when you are thirsty. Carry a bottle of water with you when you are out and about.
9. Do something nice for someone. An act of kindness can help make you feel good about yourself improving emotional health.
10. Get adequate sleep. The sleep needed varies for each person, usually anywhere from 6 to 10 hours. Lack of sleep can affect both mental and physical health. Try breathing deeply for a few minutes to help lower stress levels which can lead to a better nights sleep.
For me, my bad habits include skipping breakfast and not drinking enough water. I am working on these and I know I will be better off health wise. Do you have bad habits you would like to share?