Tea has many health benefits as many people are aware. Tea revitalizes body cells, helps fight cancer, and reduces the risk of stroke as well as other diseases. What many people are not aware of are the benefits that also come from the used tea bags. Once you have finished drinking that nice cup of tea don't discard the bag.
The following include a number of useful and unique uses for old tea bags.
Beauty and health
1. Use to help get rid of foot odor. Add three or four tea bags to a container of warm water and soak feet for 20 minutes.
2. Revitalize tired, achy, or puffy eyes. Soak two tea bags in warm water and place them over your closed eyes for 20 minutes. The tannins in the tea act to reduce puffiness and soothe tired eyes.
3. Get relief from acne. Mix some cool water with a tea bag and then wash the affected area. This will help soothe skin.
4. Get relief from canker sores. Chill a used tea bag in the freezer. Once it’s cold, place it on your canker sore. The cold plus the tea’s healing properties will help your sore feel better quickly.
5. Use to rid your hands of bad odor. After preparing or eating fish and other smelly foods wash hands with cooled tea.
For the home
3. Deordorize the fridge. Place teabags in fridge for the same odor absorption that comes from baking soda.
4. Clean carpets. Sprinkle used dry green tea leaves on the carpet. Leave for 10 minutes and vacuum.
5. Clean the fireplace. Sprinkle wet tea leaves over the ashes while scooping them up to help prevent ashes from blowing all over.
Are you a tea drinker? Do you have any uses for your used tea bags?