Eating granola following labor in pregnancy is also benegicial since the oats contained in granola digests slowly and helps to rebuild muscle strength.
Granola can be enjoyed anytime during the day.
I only made a loaf pan sized amount as this was my first time making this. Next time I will most likely make a cookie sheet full.
* 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/8 cup chopped almonds
1/8 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
1. Preheat oven at 325 F (160 C).
2. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Stir and mix well for about 2 minutes to ensure that the liquids are evenly distributed.
4. Pour mixture in pan lined with parchment paper. I did not have any so I substituted with aluminum foil with a little olive oil wiped onto the foil. It seemed to work as good.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and bake for another 10 minutes.
6. Cool completely and store in an air tight container.
Enjoy as a cereal by adding fresh milk or by mixing with yogurt to make a parfait.
Thank you for stopping by :)