In this post I will share some of my uses and tips on how to use up everything from the egg shells to the egg cartons and of course the egg itself.
1. Do you have a compost? Eggshells make a great addition as they are rich in calcium.
Tip: If you crush them prior to adding them to your compost they will break down faster.
2. Use for starting seedlings. This is a really cute one. Best to place the shells with the seedlings back in the empty carton and place near light.
3. When transferring seedlings to planting, mix in some crushed eggshells with the soil to continue to help the growth process.
4. Use crushed shells as an abrasive to scrub tough dirt from pots and pans. Just mix first with a little dish soap and water.
5. Use for craft projects.
1. Use them to plant seedling starters.
2. Do you have a garden? Crush up some egg shells and scatter them around your plants and flowers. Certain plant eating insects such as snails and slugs do not like the shells.
3. Use for crafting.
4. Makes a great paint palette. Especially for little kids.
5. Makes a neat organizer for various small objects.
Use for extra packing in boxes holding fragile items.
6. Add to compost.
2. Use yolks as a facial cleanser. Mix a couple of yolks together and add just a little water. It will moisturize and help keep skin healthy.
3. Use egg whites to clean and restore leather. Just crack two eggs and separate the yolks. Place the whites in a bowl and start cleaning.
Thank you for reading!