Easy Homemade Applesauce with Only Three Ingredients
**This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
The following recipe is very easy to follow and uses basic, minimal ingredients. It is practical no fail. It also doesn't contain any sugar as the apples used already had enough sweetness. If you use a more less sweet tasting apple you may need a little sugar.
4 medium sized apples
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Peel, core, and either chop or chunk apples.
2. Place apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan and combine.
3. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until apples are soft.
4. Mash with a fork or whisk until desired smoothness is reached. You can also blend the mixture if you want a more puree result.
5. Serve. Try adding applesauce to the following foods as a condiment: oatmeal, pancakes, or yogurt.