If you have children at home you may be concerned if they are not drinking enough milk. Milk has many essential nutrients and vitamins including protein, calcium, vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acids. These are important in maintaining strong bones and teeth as well as a balanced nutrition. Some parents are firm believers that their children should drink milk. However there are also parents who do not agree that milk is a requirement of a child's diet. While this may be true, children will still need to get the dietary benefits that milk has from other sources.
8. Allow them to have flavored milk on occasion.
9. Mix milk with some orange juice. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for a cool and tasty treat.
10. Add milk to hot chocolate mix instead of water. This will result in a creamy and tasty beverage perfect for a cool day.
11. Be sure to always have milk available in the refrigerator. Try to limit or completely cut out keeping carbonated or sugary drinks in the home.
12. If possible visit a dairy farm and request to view cows during the milking process. Another alternative would be to watch a video about milk production either on television or online.
Do you have any additional tips for parents that may help them to encourage their children to drink more milk?