** This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
Along with being very tasty tomatoes there are many ways in which tomatoes can be enjoyed. Everything from sandwiches, salads, pastas, to simply sliced up and eaten raw. Tomatoes also have many health benefits. The following are reasons you should be eating tomatoes more often to help improve your health.
1. Good for your skin. Tomatoes help protect the skin from sun damage as well as make skin less sensitive to UV light damage.
2. Hair. Tomatoes have vitamin A which helps make hair strong and shiny.
3. Strong bones. Vitamin K and calcium which are both found in tomatoes both help to strength and repair bones.
4. Eyes. Vitamin A helps to improve vision and help prevent the development of night blindness.
5. Heart. Tomatoes have vitamin B and potassium which are effective in reducing cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure.
6. Kidneys. Eating tomatoes without seeds has been shown to help lower the risk of developing kidney stones.
7. Helps boosts immunity. Eating tomatoes on a daily basis will increase the portion of vitamin C in the blood which inhibits the levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system.
8. Fights cancers. The high levels of lycopene found in tomatoes works to reduce the risk of many cancers including prostate, colorectal, stomach, cervical, ovarian, and more. Lycopene is a natural antioxidant that is effective in slowing down the growth of cancerous cells. Want tomatoes to give you even more of this wonderful antioxidant? Then cook some up before eating as cooking them will release higher levels of lycopene.
9. Blood sugar. Tomatoes have a great amount of chromium which helps to keep blood sugars regulated.
10. Digestion. Eating tomatoes can keep your digestive system healthy by helping to prevent both constipation and diarrhea as well as rid the body of toxins.
There are many simple ways to increase your daily intake of tomatoes. Tomatoes can be added to salads, sandwiches, soups, eggs, cheese, and even blended in a juicer. Some of our favorites are scrambled eggs with tomato and cheese and tomato sandwiches.
Do you like tomatoes? How do you best enjoy them?