** This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
If you like the coleslaw sold at Kentucky Fried Chicken then you will like this one as well. It is very close to the one you would get at KFC restaurants. This recipe is very easy and takes little time to put together. This is a nice side dish to any home cooked meal.
1 medium green cabbage
1 small red cabbage
1 medium carrot chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Using a food grater grate the cabbage and carrot into a large bowl. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl add mayonnaise, sugar, salt, pepper. Mix well.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients. Mix well with a wire whisk until sugar has dissolved.
4. Pour mixture over the mixed cabbage. Stir well.
5. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours so that the flavors are well incorporated.