Monday, 12 January 2015
11 Unusual Uses For ToothpastePosted by Bismah Abdelgawad in: Alternative Uses
** This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
Toothpaste is what we use to clean our teeth and freshen our breath on a daily basis. Turns out though that there are many other uses for toothpaste making it worthwhile to always keep some extra on hand in your home.
Toothpaste is an inexpensive product and can even help you save money as long as you are using the basic type. All the following was performed using the regular white colored paste without any gel.
1. Deodorize plastic bottles such as baby bottles, pet feeding bottles, and reusable juice containers. After time these may begin to smell sour. Dab a little toothpaste on a bottle brush and scrub inside. Be sure to rinse well.
2. Clean the clothes iron. Overtime gunk can accumulate on the bottom of the iron causing clothing to become discolored or spotty while ironing. While iron is not switched on apply some toothpaste and scrub using a rag. Rinse.
3. Hide nail holes. Instead of going out and buying expensive chalk simply dab a little toothpaste in the hole and allow to dry.
4. Clean scuff marks from shoes. Dab a little paste and rub it in using a soft cloth. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
5. Remove stains from clothing. Apply toothpaste directly on the stain and rub vigorously. Wash as you normally would.
6. Clean and shine jewelry. Jewelry cleaners can be quite expensive and toothpaste can give the same results and sometimes even more so. Just apply some paste to an old toothbrush and brush your jewelry the same way as you would your teeth. Finish by wiping the residue with a clean cloth.
7. Clean and shine the bathroom sink. The next time someone leaves a glob of toothpaste in the sink don't just wash it down the drain. Use a damp cloth and wipe it around the sink and facet. This will quickly bring back a clean and shiny look.
8. Get rid of water rings on tables. Rub some toothpaste into the ring with a soft cloth and wipe with a damp cloth. Allow to air dry.
9. Clean the refrigerator seals. Using an old toothbrush apply some toothpaste and brush in between the seals. They will not only become clean again but also whiter too.
10. Remove crayons or pencil marks from walls. Squirt some toothpaste onto the wall and using a rag or an old toothbrush scrub wipe in a circular motion until marks come off. Afterward rinse the area with water.
11. Remove food odors from hands. Odors from foods such as onion, garlic, and fish can be difficult to get rid off. Just apply a little to your hands and rub in the same as you would soap. You should still wash your hands before or after using your regular soap.
Have you found unusual uses for toothpaste in your home? Did you receive good results?