Friday, 11 July 2014
Cinnamon Apple ParfaitsPosted by Bismah Abdelgawad in: Recipes
Looking for a way to use up an overstock of apples. Here is a quick and easy recipe that gives a wonderful and tasty treat. Since it is a no bake recipe it is a perfect dessert or snack during the hot summer months. Also, it is not overly sweet tasting, especially if topped with yogurt. If you like the sugar can be replaced with another sweetener. This can be served either warm or after cooling.
6 medium sized apples any variety peeled, de-seeded and cut into chunks
3 cups water
3 tbsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp vanilla essence or extract
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Whipped topping or yogurt
1. Add all ingredients except the water into a large pot.
2. Cook on medium heat until mixture begins to sizzle.
3. Add water and cook until apples are soft.
4. Remove apples from the liquid.
5. Bring liquid to a boil and add one tablespoon of flour. Cook until thickened then remove from heat.
6. Add apples with liquid. Cool if desired.
7. Crush biscuits and fill the bottoms of four serving dishes.
8. Add the apple mixture.
9. Top with any whipped cream or yogurt.