Please Note: I am not a medical doctor and not in any way prescribing any method of treatment in my post. If you do have ailments that require medical advice please do so through a medically certified physician.
Turmeric is a brightly yellow colored herb and is can be used in the form of fresh root, crushed root, or a dry powder. The dry powder form is created simply by grinding the root. This herb contains no cholesterol however it is rich in anti-oxidants and dietary fiber which helps to control bad cholesterol levels. It contains high amounts of vitamins and minerals such as iron, potassium, magnesium, and more.It is very inexpensive to purchase. While it is known to be very commonly used in India and throughout the middle east it is consumed in all areas of the world.
Important Note: If consumed by pregnant women it should only be done so when used in cooking, (not in a raw form).
The following are ten known health benefits that come from consuming this herb:
1. Boosts Immunity. Turmeric contains antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents to help strengthen the overall immune system.
2. Improves Digestion. Turmeric contains key components which helps stimulate the gallbladder to produce bile resulting in the improvement of digestion and reduces symptoms of bloating and gas.
3. Weight Management. Turmeric helps to increase the flow of bile which is an important component in the breakdown of dietary fat.
4. Reduces Cholesterol level. Turmeric helps rid the body of bad cholesterol which reduces the chance of plaque build up in arteries.
5. Controls Diabetes. Turmeric has been shown to help moderate insulin levels as well as improve gluclose control.
6. Heals Wounds. Turmeric is a natural antiseptic, antibacterial agent, and an effective disinfectant. It can also help to repair damaged skin, used to treat psoriasis, and other inflammatory skin conditions.
7. Relieves Arthritis. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties which help treat both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
8. Prevents Liver Disease. Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier. It increases the production of vital enzymes used to break down and reduce toxins in the body.
9. Prevents Alzheimer's Disease. Turmeric supports overall brain health by removing plaque build up in the brain and improving the flow of oxygen. This also aids in preventing or slowing down the progression of the disease.
10. Prevents Cancer. Research has shown that turmeric has been effective in destroying cancer cells and helping in the prevention of tumor cells.
Do you use turmeric? If not would you consider trying it now that you know it has so many benefits?