I just love Egyptian grown mangoes. They are so brightly colored and taste very delicious. I had some that were really ripened and were perfect for a custard. I also had some eggs that needed to be used up. Don't worry if you are out of eggs or unable to eat them. I also have an egg free mango custard recipe that is also very tasty. Now onto the recipe.
Servings: 4 X 1/2 cups
2 fresh ripe mangoes chopped
1 cup milk
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons sugar
3 egg yolks
1. In a cup add the cornstarch and about 1/4 cup of milk. Stir well. Set aside.
2. Place mango pieces and sugar into a blender. Mix to create a smooth puree.
3. Over medium heat pour remaining milk into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously until small bubbles form around the sides and surface is lightly steaming. Remove from heat.
4. Pour heated milk into blender with the mango puree. Add egg yolks. Blend for about 10 seconds to combine all.
5. Pour this back into saucepan. Place on medium high heat stirring continuously. Once mixture begins to thicken reduce heat to low. Allow to thicken to your preference stirring occasionally. Once the mixture is thickened to your likening remove from heat and pour into serving dishes. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve.