Quick and Easy Cake Donuts
** This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
If you happen to be looking for a tasty no bake donut recipe then this is the one. These donuts are quick and easy to make.You most likely have all the ingredients on hand already. These donuts are more of a fluffy cake like texture and are not doughy at all.
3/8 cup full fat milk
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
2 cups flour sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
* Oil to deep fry the donuts.
1. Add vinegar to milk and stir. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix. Add one third of the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Then add one third of the milk and vinegar mixing well. Repeat two more times until all is mixed.
4. Sprinkle some flour onto a flat surface and roll out dough to about 1/3 inch thick. Using a donut cutter cut in donut shapes. Leave for about 12 minutes.
* Worth mentioning here that I did not have a donut cutter. I used a glass for the outside circle and then just poked a hole on the inside using my fingers.
(See at the end of this post for picture.)
5. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add donuts once hot and fry until golden brown. Turn over once. Remove and place on paper towel to allow oil to drain. Dust with powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy :)