** This page contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission after you have clicked on my link.
As summer approaches its time to step away from the oven and think cool, quick and easy. So here is a recipe for a delicious homemade rich chocolate pudding.
This dessert recipe is egg free and includes basic ingredients that most moms would have on hand in their kitchen on a daily basis. It really is just as quick to make as the prepackaged kind, only with the homemade version, there are no worries about any extra additives or preservatives.
* 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 cups + 2 tablespoons milk
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Add cocoa and 2 tablespoons of milk to a medium saucepan. Using a wire whisk stir until a smooth paste is formed. (Add a few more drops of milk if needed).
2. Stir in sugar and add 1 1/2 cups of milk.
3. In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch with the remaining milk. Add vanilla and mix.
4. Over medium heat, stirring often bring cocoa mixture to a boil. As soon as it begins to boil add in the cornstarch mixture heating again to a boil. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Pour pudding into serving dishes and place in refrigerator until well chilled.
Serve as is or top with whipped cream.