Yogurt makes a delicious frozen treat. It is a healthy alternative to ice cream. Make them into bite sized portions for a healthy treat that your toddler will love. These bite sized cool treats make it easier for little fingers to grasp which in turn gives them a sense of independence.
Although this is a product that is available in stores already made I prefer homemade. Whenever possible I like to know exactly what is in my food. It is also more cost effective to make it at home. Materials:
Dispensing tool (icing dispenser, plastic bag with one corner cut off, or a small spoon).
Baking pans or molds
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup of fresh fruit puree (We used banana)
1. Mix together yogurt and fruit puree in a bowl.
2. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes. This will thicken it up a little making it easier to dispense.
3. Using your dispenser of choice drop small bite sized pieces onto baking pan. Place in freezer for at least one hour. Remove from pan using a spatula.
Place in a plastic freezer bag or a container lined with plastic. Tightly seal.
* Only give a few at a time as these will not take long to melt.
* Mix up fruits for more flavor and variety.
* Use for teething relief in toddlers. Have you tried making your own frozen yogurt bites? What are your favorite flavors?