The following are some simple tips to help prevent skin from becoming dry in winter.
1. Drink extra water to keep hydrated. This will not only benefit skin but also health overall.
3. When inside try to lower the thermostat and wear layered clothes to make up the difference.
4. Use facial cleansers that are less harsh on the skin. Look for cleansers that contain lanolin, cocoa butter, Shea butter and essential oils.
8. Wear sunscreen. While sunscreen is an item used more in the summer it can also be used in the winter to help protect skin. Winter sun combined with snow glare can be damaging to skin. Try applying sunscreen to your face and hands about 30 minutes before going outside.
10. When going outside dress appropriately for the cold weather with proper warm clothing.
Do you suffer from dry skin in the winter? Have you been able to find relief?